NIC ASIA BANK takes every precaution to keep your online experience safe. In a continued effort to safeguard iTouch Internet Banking transactions, we offer optimal protection of your account through our Web Server Security-SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to create encrypted link between web server and browser. Encryption is a process that transforms sensitive information into a string of unrecognizable characters before they are sent over the Internet and helps keep your information private between the bank's computer system and your Internet browser.
In addition to encryption, your unique Username and Password will authenticate your access each time you use the service.
iTouch Internet Banking is accessed through a "secured" Internet site to help keep your online financial information private and secure. You will know you are at a secured site when you see
and https:// in the address field on your browser and the padlock symbol on the browser.
Safe and secured online experience demands that you engage into the following practices to safeguard your online information.
- Beware of phishing scams.
- Make sure that you always login to your internet banking account directly via your bank website, and not through links that are not from your bank.
- Have strong passwords.
- Make sure that Secure your email accounts you create strong passwords which are at least 8 characters long having capital letters, numbers, and special characters such as @, #, &,!, etc. Intruders can easily hack weak passwords. Also regularly change your passwords as per password policy.
- Set strong passwords for your email accounts because cybercriminals can easily pilfer your sensitive information.
- Ensure that the passwords are unique and different from your social networking accounts.
- Refrain from performing banking transactions over unsecured wireless networks/ public computers.
- Because wireless networks have weak security settings, it is important that you review and enhance your wireless (Wi-Fi) network settings.
- Use virtual Keyboard in Login Panel. Virtual Keyboard is the precautionary measure that protects you against malicious key logger programs which might have infected your computer. We strongly advise you to use it in case you are doing internet banking login from different computer.
- Secure your devices. Passwords protect your mobile phones, tablets or PCs. Have strong passwords and security PINs for these devices.
- Switch to statements. Intruders can gain access to your paper documents having sensitive information including your banking details. Therefore, ensure that you make use of statements and secure them so that they cannot be stolen.
- Don’t engage in communication with unsolicited emails or correspondence that requests your personal banking information.
- Ensure that you always log out of your account and close the browser once you are done.
- Update all your browsers, operating systems, apps and virus, and malware protection software.
- Please make sure to logout your session and never save your password in your browser and also lock your PC incase when you are not working on your PC.